|Title:|| Engineering Officer|
|Date of Birth:||2419 A.D.|
|Place of Birth:||Earth|
|Affiliation:|| Starfleet Border Patrol|
|Parents:|| Mother - Monica Black|
Father - Erik Black
|Siblings:|| Sister - Monette Black|
Sister - Tanna Black
Merek M. Black is an Earthborn man, to his parents Monica Black, and Erik Black in the Year 2419. He is the middle-child of two sisters, his older being Monette Black, who would eventually join Starfleet, and serve as his inspiration in life, while his other sister, Tanna Black would become a mechanic. His family is what most would be considered middle-class at the current time, and their heritage seems to trace back to the French, although his family has been on the move for a few generations, as spacers, coming and going, fond of travel, this generation happening to have settled on Sol III.
Merek Black was a child that was a bit intelligent for his age, though that did not mean he was unlike other kids. He was mischievous, but also had a sense of doing what was right, and into his early ages, he became a prospective youth, one that had many options open to him. He was friendly, did well enough in his classes at school, however he often had a grandeur vision of the galaxy, and would even travel with his family on occasion. Never being in one place necessarily for long, this meant that he had a sense of nostalgia, and a longing for home. Perhaps one of the most life-changing events for him, however, was when a pirate vessel attacked the ship his family was on. Though all would have been found to have survived, it left him with an impression that there was much in the stars, that needed correction.
He joined Starfleet Academy when he was of the age for where he was, which was eighteen, and then proceeded to work his way up as a Plebe, and onwards through the various courses and training. Though he met all the requirements for being admitted to the Academy, he did not excel well in physical areas, but he was found to have a well-balanced mental approach to situations, and worked well under duress. He still has a bit of his mischievous streak with him, and he has a fairly open world view. He seems to be welcoming to most races, and he still has a wow factor for the universe and all the things that it holds. He became a Midshipman, and requested to be allowed to tour and serve on a ship himself until his graduation. He hopes to find a place as an Engineer with his knowledge of engineering sciences. However, it has been known that he took Security courses as well, in the case such a need would arise that would require these pursuits, not being his main choice however. While he is open, and kind, he seems to have a temper that is rarely seen, however it seems to be birthed from what happened in his past with the pirates, and while he isn't under the impression that all criminals that exist are the worst in the universe, he does have a dislike that seems quite extensive towards illicit activities that can affect others. Fortunately, this has not led to any conflict or scuffles as of yet. And so, he hopes to make a place for himself in Starfleet, like his sister, serving for a better cause, helping out in the war, and doing what he believes is his part in keeping people safe. He graduated from the Starfleet Academy while serving with La'Vash. He has been through quite a few battles since then, even becoming Deputy Chief of Engineering.
- Federation Sword - This serrated sword has been made with baakonite and customized, much like a bat'leth would be. However, its uses as well as design seem to reflect a straight katana. It has a design etched upon it, which looks much alike a rose in its patterns. The hilt has been constructed with a special silver metal, the blade of the sword a soft gunmetal black.
- Starfleet Rifle - This rifle has a smooth, black case upon it, and is the standard for Starfleet Personnel Type-3 Weaponry. It has 32 settings upon it, each one a different Power Yield. The stock on it has been set to the specification of one Officer's specific use, though it can be used by anyone with the training which is needed to use that class of weapon.
- : SOLEYMAINI - A member of the Command Staff for Spacedock. He often seems to have a lot on his mind. Follows rules.
- : R'STA - The Chief Science Officer. I think she has been through a lot of things, but I consider her a great officer as well.
- : JAZGAN - I don't know that much about him. We did work a bit together on another station fighting with the Dominion.
- : ITO - She is a security officer on the station which I serve. She's kind, a bit different than what I had expected really.
- : LA'VASH - My First Captain. I think she is quite different for her species. She seems to know just how to run a ship though.
- : TEMPLE - I don't think that he takes all things to consideration in his position sometimes, but I think that he means well enough.
- : ADRINON - The former Chief Medical Officer of the ship which I served. She can be a little bit different, but she means quite well.
- : VALLAR - My Mentor, in a manner of speaking. He handled some of my training, and we are much more alike than I thought.
- : PRUDOME - I don't know that much about him, but I think he does his job well enough when you can find him about the ship.
- : JEV - Former Commanding Officer. He can be a bit odd sometimes, but you can count on him to care, and see things through.
- : QULCHUH - The resident Klingon Officer. He serves Ops, though he seems to be, like most his species, versed in combat.
- : M'KU - A Junior Lieutenant which I met on the Nereus while there during the Siege of Tenazra. A kind, as well as caring person.
- : M'RASI - My subordinate. A Chief Petty Officer Engineer with SPACEDOCK. She is kind, but also seems to be quite easy to upset also.
- Starfleet - He is a member of Starfleet, and admires much of their work as well.
- Engineering - He is an Engineering Officer in Starfleet, and often can be found doing Research & Development.
- Old Media - He often likes to collect media which is from the past, from books, to music and also videos.
- Old Love - He is known to have had a Caitian fiance' which passed away in the war.
- Stardate 117996.82: Assigned to USS Equinox NCC-73020 as Midshipman First Class as his six-month tour as an Engineer Cadet within the Starfleet Academy.
- Stardate 118026.57: Full orders given to him on his assignment as an Engineer aboard USS Equinox NCC-73020. Project to modify a new power supply began.
- Stardate 118129.02: Was permitted to take leave on Starbase Tenazra to tour with the Engineering Department, and learn a little bit more about Starfleet.
- Stardate 118130.89: Was assigned to be damage control for Starbase Tenazra, and also fought as well as was hurt in battle at one of the docks during their boarding.
- Stardate 118193.87: Received the Joint Service Medal of Achievement, Distinguished Midshipman Medal, and Combat Action Ribbon due to defending Starbase Tenazra.
- Stardate 118230.37: Received orders with the crew of Equinox to stand down and report to the USS Sojourner. He was assigned to Engineering with the new ship.
- Stardate 118480.98: Graduated from the Starfleet Academy, and received a new Officer rank as an Ensign. Assigned to the USS Sojourner in full as a crew member.
- Stardate 118530.21: Completed his notes as well as report on a sensor modification upgrade which was used to extend range in a nebula. Sent all data to R&D.
- Stardate 118610.22: Engineer Officer during a Dominion assault upon Temecklia. The USS Sojourner fought well, but it had to come back to Tenazra for repairs.
- Stardate 118627.88: Assigned to project lead on the schematics, required resources, as well as the basic outlines that would be needed for a sensor array design.
- Stardate 118660.89: A Dominion fleet came and boarded Starbase Tenazra. He went with Lt. Commander R'sta to assist in anyway that he was able to do for them.
- Stardate 118690.59: Assisted Starbase Tenazra as an engineer to alter power, and to assist in finding subspace weapons. Was hurt by one of said weapons on base.
- Stardate 118707.72: Received both the Meritorious Service Medal, and the Citation For Conspicuous Gallantry for his actions at the Dominion taken nebula.
- Stardate 118727.65: Ordered to stand down with the USS SOJOURNER crew, and then ordered to receive new assignment aboard the USS ShiKahr NCC-73402.
- Stardate 118773.92: Promoted to lead of computer and electronics sections on board USS ShiKahr NCC-73402 by Chief Engineering Officer Lieutenant Jev.
- Stardate 118936.25: Received a combat action ribbon for the defense of Starbase Tenazra, and Medal of Valor for putting himself between an Officer and an explosion.
- Stardate 118936.25: Received review from the Promotion Board, being ranked as a Lieutenant (Junior Grade), which made him a full Officer within Starfleet.
- Stardate 119323.53: Promoted to the post of Deputy Chief of Engineering on board USS ShiKahr NCC-73402 by Chief Engineering Officer Lieutenant Jev.
- Stardate 119415.5: Assisted with repairs while engaged with theb Dominion Fleet around a nebula. M'rasi relieved of duty, due to her being hurt during repairs.
- Stardate 119725.53: Was awarded with a Combat Action Ribbon and Chancellor's Citation along with all of ShiKahr, and a letter of commendation from La'Vash.
- Stardate 120188.62: Was awarded with a Combat Action Ribbon for supporting the ShiKahr in his position as Deputy Engineer in battle with the Dominion Fleet.
- Stardate 120696.5: Was awarded with the Space Medal for being in service with La'Vash and her crew for a total of two years within a space position on a ship.
- Stardate 121193.55: Was promoted to the rank of full Lieutenant in service of Starfleet. Continues to serve aboard on the USS ShiKahr with Commander La'Vash.
- Stardate 121433.56: Transfer complete from the USS ShiKahr to Spacedock. Assigned to be Engineering Officer and to assist with the Base's various requirements.
- Stardate 121926.80: The USS Mor'Vok was assigned to assist the USS ShiKahr with evacuation and repair of Starbase 621 after the Dominion came. Successful.
- Stardate 122121.80: An incident with the USS etlh meant that we had to dock with Starbase 621 for repairs as well as checking to make sure all was also safe on it.
- Stardate 122188.57: Received two of the Combat Action Medals for space battle involving the USS Mor'vok, and also a Meritorious Service Medal for assisting 621.
- Stardate 122698.21: Took official leave to visit Ferasa on personal business. Is stated to have learned Toro Nai'hi skills while he was away on his main Starfleet file.
- Stardate 122729.5: Was decorated further while a crew member of the Mor'vok, and returned to his assignment as Mor'vok Chief Engineer, and Spacedock Engineer.
Awards & Medals
11. Medal of Valor
19. Meritorious Service Medal (**)
20. Space Medal
27. Combat Action Ribbon (#****)
Special: Letter Of Commendation (**)
Letters Of Commendation
|Luck Be A Lady||February 12, 2017||Black, Ito, Jev|
|Building the Thing - Part 2||January 29, 2017||Black, La'Vash, Ito, Jev, qulchuH, Temple|
|The Computer Programmer||January 7, 2017||Black, Jev, Temple|
|Lending A Hand||December 31, 2016||Black, Lachlyn, Senka, Taxo, D'Ahr, Temple, Li|
|Houdinis||December 30, 2016||Black, Danek, Lachlyn, Reid, Senka, Taxo, D'Ahr, Jazgan, Li, Soleymaini, Stark, Waran|
|Ensign Black||December 18, 2016||Black, Jev|
|Helpful Words?||December 1, 2016||Black, La'Vash|
|Problems Upon Problems||November 20, 2016||Black, La'Vash, qulchuH, Jev, Vallar, Adrinon, R'sta|
PTSD: Black has PTSD from battle with the Dominion Troops on Tenazra, in addition to other battles with them.
Insomnia: Black has a standard case of insomnia from lack of regular sleep and from over working his duties.
Denial: Black has denial related to his fiance'. It manifests with him believing her to be alive at times.
All medical profiles have been sealed for his Command or authorized Medical Officers.
Status: Cleared for active duty with on-going treatment.