|Adam R. Cross II|
|Title:||Commanding Officer, Deep Space 9|
|Affiliation:||Starfleet (Exploration Command)|
|Spouse:||Dr. Alynn (Astor) Cross, M.D.|
|Parents:|| Father: Adam (dec.) |
Mother: Louisa Mason-Cross
On stardate 55358.95, Galaxy Alliance Starbase 396 was overtaken by a secret fleet of Cardassian warships. At the time, 396 was home to several divisions of Starfleet Command such as Intelligence, JAG, and Logistics. Some Starfleet officers were killed or went missing in the assault, but most were imprisoned for over three months before their release was negotiated. It was during this three month period that JAG officer Louisa Mason-Cross gave birth to a son, Adam. His father, a Starfleet intelligence analyst, was among those officers lost in the assault on 396 and never met his son.
Adam Cross II was raised in a single parent family, though his mother would be away for long periods of time as required by her duties. During these times Adam would find himself staying with family either on Bajor or Trill but it was a difficult upbringing for a boy and he developed a knack for finding trouble.
Being a GA citizen and the kid of a Starfleet officer generally affords one a nice, well-rounded education even when you're not living on a ship or starbase. It can't be said that Adam was the most studious of pupils, but his primary school grades were well enough. Later, he'd find that he would much rather skip the astrophysics lecture to play springball, a habit that had to squashed before it ruined his changes of getting into the Academy.
Even from a young age, Adam was the kind of kid that would take the replicator apart to figure out how it worked, not afraid of rolling up his sleeves and getting his hands dirty. There was never much doubt that that he would pursue an engineering field at the Academy, at least until he actually got there and getting there was a whole other challenge.
Adam applied to the Academy when he turned 18, but was not accepted on his first try. A year and some independent study later, he was successfully accepted into the program. He spent the majority of that year living and working on Bajor, moving planetary freight around for minimal pay. He studied in his spare time and developed a few good friends in the Bajor-based SFMC.
After acceptance, he moved to Starfleet Academy at Spacedock. The structure of the cadet life actually suited him well, worked out a little of his rebellious streak, and exposed him to the order and precision of life in Starfleet. He excelled at operational organization and managed to fit in some minor engineering certifications and basic piloting.
In June 2410, Adam Cross became engaged to Alynn Astor.
On July 14, 2414, Adam Cross and Alynn Astor are married in a private ceremony on Risa.
On October 28, 2429, Adam and Alynn adopt a Betazed orphan, Charlotte Astor-Cross.
- 2396 Entered Starfleet Academy
- 2400 Graduated. Commissioned Ensign (O-1)
- 2401 Assigned as Operations Officer, Deep Space 9. Reported to USS Shangri-La while repairs to the station are underway.
- 2401 Crew transferred to USS Akagi for duration of station repairs.
- 2402 Crew transferred to Deep Space 9 upon completion of repairs.
- 2403 Promoted to Lieutenant (Junior Grade) (O-2)
- 2403 Assigned as Chief of Operations, Deep Space 9
- 2404 Promoted to Lieutenant (O-3)
- 2408 Promoted to Lieutenant Commander (O-4)
- 2410 Uniform change over.
- 2416 Promoted to Commander (O-5)
- 2417 Assigned to USS Enterprise NCC-1701G as Executive Officer
- 2423 Promoted to Captain (O-6)
- 2423 Assigned to Deep Space 9 as Commanding Officer
- 2424 Reassigned to inactive officer pool due to active IG investigation (Sept 26)
- 2424 Received Letter of Reprimand (Dec 6)
- 2425 Reassigned to Deep Space 9 as Commanding Officer (Apr 12)
- 2434 Promoted to the brevet flag rank of Commodore (O-6) (Nov 29)
- Commplant/Computer Certification
- Scanner Certification
- Communications Certification
- Tractor Beam Certification
- Transporter Certification
- Unrestricted Line Officer
- Letter of Commendation
- Letter of Reprimand