|Henry P. Edwards EngD|
|Title:|| Chief Engineering Officer|
|Date of Birth:||06/08/2402 (31)|
|Place of Birth:||Sheffield, United Kingdom, Earth|
|Affiliation:||Starfleet (Corps of Engineers)|
|Parents:||Philip & Naomi Edwards|
|Played By:||Jamie Darlington|
Henry (Harry) Philip Edwards was born on the Earth date of August 6th 2402 to Philip and Naomi Edwards, on Earth in the city of Sheffield, England. He is the oldest of three siblings and is naturally protective over his two sisters. His father made a steady career for himself working at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on the starship design team whilst his mother has recently retired from teaching.
At the age of five, Harry's father first began showing him the use of basic tools and how to make simple items, encouraging him to begin building things on his own as he became older. At the age of fifteen, he helped his father construct an extension to the family home over the summer.
Harry's formative years were spent as other children growing up do, going to school, playing sports, whilst still engaging in his growing passion for construction and repair. Arriving at senior school at the age of eleven, Harry already possessed a wealth of engineering knowledge and associated life skills thanks to both his father and his constant desire to further himself. Unfortunately for Harry, this began to have side effects on the rest of his development during his teenage years. Whilst what his teachers called 'exceptionally gifted', he was in essence a loner. The other children, sensing that Harry was not the same as they were and unable to interact sociably with them at the same level began to tease and eventually bully him through his school years.
The bullying came to a head when a group of youths surrounded Harry in the school workshop where he spent much of his time between lessons or after school hours. They took the young man and held him down over an industrial saw, taunting him with threats to sever his hand. What happened after was never spoken about again but Harry was never bullied again.
On finishing his secondary education at the age of eighteen in 2420, Harry was accepted with his first choice to study Engineering at Kings College, Cambridge where he graduated with First Class Honours in 2424 before studying for his Doctorate in Engineering at Imperial College, London.
It was during his time spent at Cambridge that he attended a recruiting fair, aimed at those still studying and those about to graduate. The civilian world had little in the way of interesting prospects to offer that wasn't out in some far flung part of the Alliance. Harry spent a great deal of time talking with the Starfleet recruiter, about life in the fleet, his father's work and his possible suitability to the job. The idea of one day being responsible for a whole starship appealed to the young Harry and his mind was made up there and then.
After another four years, Harry was awarded his Doctorate and attended Starfleet's Officer Candidate School at Starfleet Academy, having applied during the early Spring of his final year. After twelve weeks of intensive training designed to bring the cadets to the same level as the regular Academy students, Harry passed out and was commissioned as a Lieutenant Junior Grade in September 2428.
Upon graduation, Harry was assigned to the joint Starfleet-Bajoran station Deep Space Nine, then under the command of Captain Adam Cross. Harry was appointed as Assistant Chief Engineer under Lieutenant Commander Giellun i-Ramnau tr'Sahehn, serving aboard the station until December 2428. Late 2428 also saw the introduction of a new line of Starfleet Escort Frigates, the Ushaan-class. Harry was assigned to the newly commissioned USS Wethesa and was appointed as Chief Engineer shortly after prior to the beginning of her shakedown cruise.
Following meeting Branch Admiral Amadeus, Flag Officer Corps of Engineers, during a layover at Spacedock in August 2429 aboard the the Wethesa, Harry was seconded by personal request of the Admiral to the Corps of Engineers on temporary assignment during the Betazed Crisis. Following the conclusion of the crisis, Harry was formally appointed as Aide-de-Camp to the Admiral.
Following a serious accident that left Admiral Amadeus incapacitated, Harry was stood down in early January 2430 from his assignment by the newly minted Captain S'var who had taken over acting command of the Corps of Engineers. Shortly after, he was transferred to the newly commissioned USS Pathinder under Captain S'var as the vessel's first Chief Engineer for her shakedown cruise and maiden deployment to the Gamma Quadrant due to his familiarity and work on the design.
Groomed For Command?
After serving for nearly a year in the position as the Pathfinder continued her exploration mission and becoming only the second Starfleet vessel to encounter the Dominion, Harry requested a return to Starfleet Academy to begin official training as a Line Officer. Instead of the expected temporary transfer, Captain S'var informed Harry that he had been recalled to Starfleet Command and placed at the disposal of the Corps of Engineers. Upon meeting with his previous mentor newly promoted Rear Admiral Amadeus aboard the USS Tarawa, Harry discovered that his placement was at the Admiral's request. By the end of the meeting, Harry had been appointed Special Projects Liaison, overseeing the reconstruction efforts on Deep Space Nine and future joint Starfleet-Bajoran construction projects in the sector whilst continuing his studies and beginning other advanced courses at the Admiral's encouragement.
Personality & Traits
Harry's upbringing and experiences in his childhood have caused him to revere honor and duty above all. He believes that his word is his oath and that’s something nobody can take from him, though he is remarkably ambitious possibly due to his inner self being slowly awoken during the course of his career. He is very polite and fairly well spoken but typically remains quiet and in the background as he doesn't like to ever be the center of attention.
A handsome man in his mid-twenties, his body is well-proportioned and fit without being particularly imposing. Instead, there's a kind of refinement to his form, including his face and its framing of tumbling brown locks. Graced with an easy smile and pleasant grey-green eyes, this man seems nothing less than a perfect gentleman.
He wears the standard Starfleet two-piece duty uniform; consisting of a long-sleeved uniform jacket and matching slacks, both the color of midnight black. The jacket and slacks carry a trim of mustard yellow that plainly states his department as Engineering. On the jacket it trims on the shoulders, separating the chest area, while on the slacks it runs down the outside of the legs to the same-colored uniform shoes. Upon the left side of the chest resides the Starfleet insignia; a silver outlined arrowhead against an uneven pair of gold trapezoids. On the right collar of the jacket sits is a single solid pip and a single open or black pip (oo) that denotes his rank of Lieutenant (jg).
He wears the familiar standard Starfleet uniform jacket, midnight black trimmed with the mustard yellow of Engineering. On the right collar of the jacket sits is a single solid pip and a single open or black pip (oo) that denotes his rank of Lieutenant (jg). The jacket itself is older and worn, unbuttoned and sits open atop an off-white roll neck submarine-style sweater that is stained from the usual grime and dirt associated with his trade. There are two distinctly darker patches at either side of his midriff where he has constantly wiped or rubbed his hands and has worn in the dirt to the material whilst the sleeves of both the jacket and sweater are pushed up passed the elbow. Instead of uniform trousers, he wears a pair of dark blue overall trousers, worn and stained in the same manner as the sweater with two lighter worn patches at the knees. On his feet he wears a pair of grey work boots, more suited to the nature of his job.
He is wearing the two-piece Starfleet officer's dress uniform, comprised of a white dress jacket trimmed in gold parallel along the front edges, as well as along the shoulders. Beneath that lies a blue-grey horizontally piped tunic. The mustard yellow trim along the tunic collar and half-inch stripe on the jacket cuff signify the division of Engineering. Fastened on the collar is the rank insignia of, single solid pip and a single open or black pip (oo), which denotes the rank of Lieutenant (jg). The left chest hold the Starfleet stylized silver arrowhead against a gold pair of uneven trapezoids. The pants are a deep black, striped with gold along the length.
A row of medals and citations are pinned along the left breast of the uniform jacket.
Upon his form are the Combat Fatigues of Starfleet. The thick material is a dull, non-reflective space black, with a ripstop weave and tough enough to turn all but the sharpest knives. Embedded into the uniform are integral armored pads, flexible enough to be comfortable, but designed to withstand impacts from hand to hand combat and projectile weapons alike. A thin ring of dull, flexible, black metal makes a wide oval around the base of the turtleneck collar and wrists; the emitters for the emergency EVA field. The Starfleet insignia , is woven into the left breast of one-piece uniform over his heart with a dark grey thread, keeping the visibility of the uniform low. The rank insignia, is a single solid pip and a single open or black pip (oo) sits on the right side of the collar to denote the rank of Lieutenant (jg) and is embroidered in the same muted tones. Utility pockets reside on thighs and calves of uniform for necessary items. Heavy black boots are zipped closed high at the ankle, attaching to the main uniform and allowing the pants to `blouse out' over the footwear.
At first glance even a civilian would consider 'casual'. Khaki cargo trousers cover the tops of a pair of black old-Earth style Converse sneakers. His top half is only covered by a black t-shirt, poking through the top a partially unzipped grey hoodie. The hoodie itself is covered by a customised leather flying jacket with the picture of a naked pin-up 'Devil' girl, lying seductively beneath a Wasp-class warp fighter.
- -: Entered Starfleet Academy Officer Candidate School. (10 Mar 2428)
- -: 105677.05: Graduated. Commissioned Lieutenant (Junior Grade) (O-2). (04 Sept 2428)
- -: 105677.05: Assigned as an Engineering Officer aboard Deep Space Nine, CAPT CROSS A.R. commanding. (04 Sept 2428)
- -: 105677.05: Assigned as an Engineering Officer aboard USS Wethesa (NCC-90210), LCDR K'MPOK commanding. (11 Dec 2428)
- -: 105984.61: Assigned as Chief Engineering Officer. (26 Dec 2428)
- -: 106611.89: Temporary Duty Assignment to the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. (12 Aug 2429)
- -: 106651.65: Appointed as Aide-de-Camp to then-BADM AMADEUS A.E. (26 Aug 2429)
- -: 106661.12: Awarded the The Starfleet Unit Commendation Ribbon. (30 Aug 2429)
- All Starfleet personnel responding to the seismic disaster on Betazed and resulting subspace rift near the Beta Zeta system are hereby presented with the STARFLEET UNIT COMMENDATION RIBBON.
- -: 106699.21: Awarded a Letter of Commendation. (12/09/2429)
- On or around stardate 106690, USS Perseus was in the vicinity of Betazed performing additional propulsion tests related to the variable geometry warp field. In the course of performing these tests, a distress call was received from CCV Niagara Falls, a civilian vessel that had come under attack by pirates. As one of the closest vessels, USS Perseus responded even though the vessel was not outfitted or staffed for deployment into active duty.
- The active duty vessels responding, most notably USS Farragut, USS Wethesa, and USS Laibok, took decisive combat action to defend the civilian assets involved in this coordinated attack. In such course of these duties, USS Wethesa came under heavy attack and suffered significant damage. As my assigned aide-de-camp, LTJG Edwards' duties do not require him to move into service in the field. However, in the wake of this event, Mr. Edwards coordinated the use of Perseus' warp field specialists and technicians to augment the repairs to the USS Wethesa. Coordinating these teams, in consultation with myself, significantly reduced the amount of time USS Wethesa had to undergo repairs so that the vessel was able to get underway and respond to additional attacks on Milan Station and Starbase Tenazra.
- For his actions during this crisis, I am entering this official Letter of Commendation into the personnel jacket of LTJG EDWARDS, H. P., this stardate.
- -: 107012.71: Then-BADM AMADEUS incapacitated and relieved of duty. Stood down from Temporary Duty Assignment. (05 Jan 2430)
- -: 107047.15: Assigned as an Engineering Officer aboard USS Pathfinder (NCC-91890), CAPT S'VAR commanding. (17 Jan 2430)
- -: 107063.57: Assigned as Chief Engineering Officer. (23 Jan 2430)
- -: 107950.8: Recalled to the Alpha Quadrant to undergo URL training. (13 Dec 2430)
- -: 107950.8: Assigned to the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. (13 Dec 2430)
- -: 107964.32: Appointed as Special Projects Liaison, Starfleet Corps of Engineers. (18 Dec 2430)
- -: 108128.26: Temporary Duty Assignment aboard the USS Wethesa (NCC-90210), CLASSIFIED
- -: 108471.55: Assigned as an Engineering Officer aboard Deep Space Nine, CAPT CROSS A.R. commanding. (21 Jun 2431)
- -: 109820.24: Awarded the The Starfleet Unit Excellence Ribbon. (26 Oct 2432)
- For excellence in the line of duty, performing cohesively, providing relief, and finding a solution to the natural disaster on the planet Rakhar in the Gamma Quadrant. Conferred upon the recommendation of RADM Aron E. Amadeus, Chief of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
- -: 109867.07: Awarded the The Space Medal. (13 Nov 2432)
- -: 109867.07: Awarded the Gamma Quadrant Exploration Ribbon. (13 Nov 2432)
- -: 110685.24: Promoted to Lieutenant. (7 Sept 2433)
- -: 110895.55: Assigned as Chief Engineering Officer. (23 Nov 2433)
- 20. Space Medal
- 25. The Starfleet Unit Commendation Ribbon
- 26. Unit Excellence Ribbon
- Letter of Commendation
- Commplant/Computer Certification
- Engineering Repair Certification
- Engineering System Certification
- Scanner Certification
- Staff Corps Officer
- Gamma Quadrant Exploration Ribbon