Goodnight Doctor (RP Log)
|13 Feb 2014|
- Saith & Soah Coffeehouse [Deep Space 9]
- The smell of coffee and chocolate overwhelms the senses as you enter through the glass doors from the station's promenade, a little brass-colored bell attached high on the door dings whenever it is opened-- a purely novel gadget, surely. This is a small place, quite modest in appearance and setting. No more than three small tables sit overlooking windows to the bustling commerce area outside, windows that are partially obstructed by a display of boxes of tea and large bags of gourmet Rihannsu coffee.
- Artwork hangs on walls, bookshelves between the canvases hold a variety of well-worn Rihannsu literature and wooden bins of custom tea and coffee varieties. A little further back in the shop, a glass counter showcases no less than a hundred different types of chocolate confections, from the mundane to the extravagant. A row of clear glass containers sit atop the counter, also filled with sugary treats. This is one of those hidden gems that most visitors will pass by without a second glance; the sweets are heavenly and the coffee is ground and brewed as you wait. There hardly ever seems to be more than a few people in the shop at any given time. It is obvious that a place like this is about more than its wares. It is about relaxation and companionship, it is about unwinding from a long day and laughing with friends.
Pryus-Talbot sits dozing in a chair an empty plate on the table in front of her an almost empty cup in her hand. She is slouched a little and her head rests forward as she makes no sound.
Crossing quietly to your table, Senka eases the precariously poised cup of cold liquid from you hand and takes your empty plate. He tries not to wake you up.
Pryus-Talbot tenses slightly as her fingers are moved, she mumbles something quietly about being okay and feeling distant. Her now free hand moves to the blanket wrapped around her shoulders but close to her chest.
Senka collects his Romulan latte and sits at a nearby table. Pulling a kal-toh set from his duffel, he begins to play quietly, placing the rods into position. He glances at you fairly often, checking on you. He keeps his mental shielding up so that his thoughts don't disturb you.
Pryus-Talbot wakes with a jerk, disorientated she looks around. Her hands moving sharply to her chest as she blinks until she is able to focus on the Vulcan in front of her. "Where am I?" She furrows her brow and closes her eyes a moment shaking her head. Her hand wipes her eyes and she pinches the top of her nose, her heart sinks and she sighs softly.
Senka doesn't answer the question, assuming it to be rhetorical.
Her hand runs over her face gently, "How long have you been sat there?" Kailyn asks.
"3 minutes, 27.22 seconds," Senka replies equably.
Pryus-Talbot runs her fingers through her lank hair and sighs, "I'm sorry, I was trying to be social not sleep." She replies looking down at her remains of tea. It was the first time she'd had Jestral tea since she had read the message from Major Ava, it had apparently made a difference.
Senka nods. "Your desire for socialization is a positive sign. However, rest is also most appropriate," he says mildly.
Pryus-Talbot nods gently and looks at his game, "Is there anything I am allowed to have that would aid with an undisturbed sleep?" She asks reluctantly knowing it would be a better option.
Senka nods. "There is a non-addictive sedative appropriate for your people. I should not like you to use it on a long-term basis, but for the next several nights, I see no difficulty with this." Discretely, he gets a hypo from his kit. "Shall I give it to you here and see you to your quarters, Lieutenant?"
Pryus-Talbot nods gently and gets to her feet gingerly stepping out, "Please understand, I am only doing this because if I don't do this of my own accord I'm sure someone else will force me to." She replies glancing at Senka as she steps away. "Please."
"What is your quarters assignment, Lieutenant?" Senka asks the question as he discretely injects you. You feel a slight pressure and hear a soft hiss as the hypo's contents are administered.
Pryus-Talbot grits her teeth at the feel of the hypospray, "A101." She answers rubbing the injection site gently.
Senka says, "This way, doctor." Senka leaves, sticking close to your side, though not touching you."
The door leading to Quarters A101 slides open.
- Quarters A101 [Deep Space 9]
- Simple appointments dress these quarters, austere yet comfortable enough for a traveler's extended stay. The main room and living quarters is furnished with a sectional sofa of icy silver with a matching recliner, and a glass coffee table nestled within. To the right is a small eating alcove with table and chairs and a food replicator. In the back left corner is a work desk with a small computer terminal. To the left a door leads into the sleeping quarters where a comfortable queen-sized bed and sonic shower reside.
Tapping open the doors to your quarters, Senka pauses, watching you walk the rest of the way in. "Shall I leave you now, Doctor," he asks?
Senka touches the nearest computer panel and attempts to access the shipboard listing.
Kailyn's quarters are in a state of disarray, furniture has been moved chaotically and the bed is now where the sofa should be with a cat nesting in her bedding. She looks embarrassedly into the room and runs a hand over her face, the blanket falling from her shoulder to rest in the crook of her arm. "I should be fine." She sighs.
Senka nods. The state of your quarters doesn't disturb him at all. "Sleep well, Doctor," he says as he makes a quiet exit.
The door leading to Out slides open.
Senka leaves for Habitat Ring - Section A1.
The door leading to Out slides closed.