|Title:|| Chief Engineering Officer|
U.S.S. ShiKahr (NCC-73402)
|Date of Birth:||2414|
|Place of Birth:||Trill|
|Affiliation:||Starfleet Border Patrol|
|Parents:|| Vigiss Jev (Father)|
Esrul Yar (Mother)
Lieutenant Darian Jev is a serving member of Starfleet, proficient in numerous fields of engineering and sciences. He is currently serving as Chief Engineering Officer aboard the USS ShiKahr (NCC-73402) under the command of Commander Zye La'Vash.
Darian was born in 2414 as an only child to his father Vigiss, a former law officer turned shuttle craft mechanic, and mother Esrul, an esteemed member of Trillian academia at the Trill Science Ministry, and herself joined. His tutelage in advanced sciences and engineering began at a very young age. Given his mother's proclivity for teaching he was constantly pushed to pursue academic excellence and often tutored by her. He graduated general education at a young age and was enrolled at the Trill Science Ministry at the age of 16 studying advance mathematics and temporal physics.
He did not spend much time off Trill as a youth, but to say he was raised sheltered would not be completely accurate. In his youth he would often be out satisfying an inquisitive nature, from his father's side no doubt. Whether it be his (failed) attempts to solve crimes he'd read about in the newsfeed - visiting known crime scenes and spending a day "searching" for evidence and offering his findings to the local authorities; or the nearly dozen times he returned home with a black eye because he could not stop his pride from confronting a large classmate, after insulting the person with an arrogant intellect. In his teens he traveled to various jobs with his father, servicing merchant ships on what seemed like half a dozen spacedocks, cutting his teeth on such things as electrical engineering, warp and impulse drives in aiding his father on repairs.
He had early on set his sights on Starfleet as a promising career full of adventured to satisfy his curiosity about the galaxy and other races outside of the Trill sector - and experiencing what he'd only learned about in books. Darian joined the SF Academy in 2435, a then 20 year old young man fresh out of the Trill Science Ministry with an inquisitive scientific mind and a penchant for forensic studies.
He had a year and a half under his belt at the Academy when he was summonsed to Trill to be joined. The decision was a difficult one: though he long wished the honor, like his mother before him (and no doubt she had a hand in "pulling some strings" to provide him with this very opportunity), he was concerned about his career and the future he had planned. After some meditation on this, and despite gentle urging by his mother over subspace, he decided not to join but to complete his Academy training - ultimately deciding that the unstable, and hostile, environment of the current Alliance would prove dangerous to himself, and thus, any symbiont. He deferred a semester and returned to Trill to break the news to his family and officially decline with the Symbiosis Commission.
Darian majored at the Academy in Engineering and minored in Sciences. Though he was eager to train for Command, his application was not accepted. He was not among the top percentiles required in aptitude testing and was placed on a waiting list behind several Terran classmates. Throughout his life, and especially at the Academy, he developed a rather misanthropic view given the known history of Terra, the prior Federation, and now the Galaxy Alliance, and thus struggled to get along with his Terran classmates. How can race, mediocre in almost every respect, rise to be the leading and dominate force in any galactic society?
He was dispatched to Deep Space Nine to await assignment as a Midshipman nearing the end of his Academy training, to then begin his term as an officer of Starfleet.
- One of Jev's prized possessions is a crystalline polyhedron that glows in a dozen different colors. It creates two dozen different virtual reality games with patented Real-Feel(tm) sensory stimulation technology, has 3-D and 4-D holographic projection, pleasure and higher-cognitive stimulation effect capabilities. He won it on Wadi Prime when he stumped the Gaming Store's salesman with a tough riddle in exchange for a free rubix cube, and then "sold" the answer to the riddle to the owner for the polyhedron. (18 July 2439 - Stardate 116545.99)
- Eccentric. Flamboyant. Impulsive. He is undeniably a master at making lasting first impressions.
- Socially pleasant enough. Curses like a sailor while working.
- Not afraid to call Admiral Adamson, Ken.
- Neat freak.
- "Although fuel stores remain at approximately ninety-five percent, we will be requesting refueling, on behalf of Lieutenant Jev, who wishes to start with a full fuel tanks in his never ending quest to make our fuel reserves expire at exactly the same instant."
- : (Stardate: 116276.34) 11 April, 2439 - Assigned to USS Gowron (NCC-90603) for field training under Captain Colin A. Reid
- : (Stardate: 116733.53) 25 September, 2439 - Assigned to USS Equinox (NCC-73020) for field training under Lt. Commander Zye La'Vash
- : (Stardate: 116758.05) 2 October, 2439 - Graduated Starfleet Academy and promoted to Ensign (O-1).
- : (Stardate: 117198.56) 13 March, 2440 - Promoted to Lieutenant (jg) (O-2).
- : (Stardate: 117228.77) 24 March, 2440 - Assigned Acting Chief Engineering Officer on USS Equinox (NCC-73020)
- : (Stardate: 118230.37) 25 March, 2441 - Assigned Chief Engineering Officer on USS Sojourner (NCC-91893)
- : (Stardate: 118707.39) 15 September, 2441 - Promoted to Lieutenant (O-3).
- : (Stardate: 118724.46) 22 September, 2441 - Assigned Chief Engineering Officer on USS ShiKahr (NCC-73402)
- Letter of Commendation (Stardate: 116699.45)
- "Pursuant to the discretion of your commanding officer, CAPT C. Reid and your department head, LT Dors, T., a letter of commendation has been submitted for addition to your service jacket. This letter of commendation has been received and approved as of this stardate. Specifically, this letter of commendation is issued pursuant to the following:
- Midshipman Jev has proven to be a more than worthy cadet. He has a real knack for the job, a real interest in the duty and quite the inspiration for some of the problems we've been facing. There are a number of instances I could mention, but the one that stands out in my mind the most has been dealing with our cloaking device. While I cannot go into any technical detail in this letter, his insight into some of the problems we've been facing with that system have been downright inspired. While further testing still needs to be done, initial results appear quite promising. The approach he took was innovative and is not one that I could say with any certainty that I would have come up with."
- Letter of Commendation (Stardate: 117198.74)
- "Upon the order of LCDR La'Vash, a letter of commendation has been submitted for addition to your service jacket. Specifically, this letter of commendation is issued pursuant to the following:
- As a result of a technological attack on USS Equinox NCC-73020, a portion of the computer core had to be physically destroyed in order to break the hold of the computer system, and by extension the ship, by an unknown enemy force. though successful, this greatly reduced the control that the rightful crew of Equinox was able to reestablish once repairs were underway in drydock. With inspired dedication and a display of natural leadership, Ensign Darian Jev put together an engineering team, pooling experts from contacts he has maintained which were stationed not only aboard USS Equinox but also aboard other nearby Starfleet assets, to affect repair and replacement of the destroyed computer components. In the process and under his direction, his team gathered invaluable data as to the nature of the device which was the source of the attack, and returned the computer core to full operational capability not only ahead of projected estimates, but in less time than could have been reasonably expected. His coordination and implementation of these repairs allowed the Equinox crew to return to duty in far less time than would otherwise have been possible. As Ensign Jev's Commanding Officer, I extend to him the congratulations and gratitude of the entire crew, and formally submit this letter of commendation for addition to his service jacket."
- Letter of Commendation (Stardate: 118193.32)
- "Pursuant to the discretion of your commanding officer, LCDR Z. La'Vash, a letter of commendation has been submitted for addition to your service jacket. This letter of commendation has been received and approved as of this stardate. Specifically, this letter of commendation is issued pursuant to the following
- For their efforts in assisting the late USS Gowron in her mission to keep the SS Wire We Here safe from hostile Dominion Vessels. The efforts of both ships working together ensured the safety of the civilian evacuees, which would otherwise not have been possible."
- Letter of Reprimand (Stardate: 119314.88)
- "This is an official disciplinary letter of reprimand. It is being issued due to the following reports of misconduct:
- 1. On or about Stardate 119278.77 aboard NCC-73402 (USS ShiKahr), you engaged a transporter lock on, and initiated an unauthorized transport of a civilian to, Spacedock without the necessary prior notifications. Any transporter locks between Starfleet assets are to be requested or announced before the lock is made except in cases of extreme emergency.
- 2. Prior to the transporter incident mentioned above, you brought a civilian guest aboard NCC-73402 (USS ShiKahr) without first gaining or attempting to gain the required authorization from the office of that vessel's Chief of Security or Command Staff. Even in times of peace, civilian visitors must always be cleared in advance by an officer holding one of these positions. During a fleet-wide alert such as now, no civilian guests are permitted aboard Starfleet vessels except in the safeguarding of Alliance civilian lives.
- For the infractions listed above, and on my authority as your commanding officer, this letter of reprimand is being placed in your permanent personnel file."
- Zye La'Vash
- Commander, Starfleet Border Patrol
- Commanding Officer, USS ShiKahr NCC-73402
- Seventh Fleet, Task Group 7.1
|Interrogator||30 July 2017||Connor, La'Vash, Jazgan, Jev|
|A Real Deep Dude||26 July 2017||La'Vash, Reid, Jev|
|Game Master||12 February 2017||Black, Hoshito, Jev|
|A Fighting Machine||9 February 2017||La'Vash, Ezran, Hoshito, Jev|
|A Born Leader||3 February 2017||La'Vash, Temple, Black, Hoshito, Jev|
|Romantic AF||11 January 2017||M'ku, Olivia, Jev|
|Friend of the Captain||10 January 2017||La'Vash, Jev|
|Piercing Metaphysical Intellect||18 December 2016||Black, Jev|
|Investigative Skills||20 November 2016||Adrinon, Jev, Black, Vallar, La'Vash, qulchuH, R'sta|
|Multiple Personalities?||12 September 2016||Adrinon, Jev|
|Work Ethic||12 September 2016||Adrinon, Jev|
|Command Material||9 September 2016||Dors, Jev|
|Exuding Competence||4 September 2016||Adrinon, Jev|
|Unique Story Telling||26 August 2016||Li, Jev|