Routine Medical: Commander Zeno (RP Log)
|21 Feb 2014|
- Duty Office - Station Infirmary [Deep Space 9]
- The spacious office combines both functionality and elegance. An oak desk bearing an engraved caduceus, the emblem of Starfleet Medical, holds the desktop terminal. Two chairs, adjustable according to the body-type parameters of a number of different species, sit before it. The walls are lined with plates containing texts handwritten in a variety of calligraphic styles, while a modest bookshelf contains a number of medical texts, historical works and works of literature in several languages: Betazoid, Rihannsu and Vulcan among them. A coffee maker sits off to one side of the office in a small seating area containing a loveseat, a chair and a low table.
[Commplant] Commander Zeno is opening the channel.
[Commplant] Channel now open. Linked to Commander Zeno.
[Commplant] Zeno says, "Zeno here."
You say, "Greetings Commander, could you please report to the infirmary so I may carry out your physical."
[Commplant] Zeno says, "Ah. Glad to hear you're back on duty."
You say, "As am I, I will see you shortly."
Station Infirmary [Deep Space 9]> Zeno arrives from Promenade - Section B.
[Commplant] Zeno says, "Yes. Quite shortly."
[Commplant] Communication was terminated by Commander Zeno.
- Station Infirmary [Deep Space 9]
- Being the sole medical facility on the station, the Infirmary was designed to accomodate a great many patients. Spacious and at least three compartments wides, the infirmary has a laboratory, examination and recovery room, and a surgery room. The lab is what most people see when they enter, and where the medical officer on duty is most likely to be perched, ready for any medical emergency.
The door leading to Duty Office slides closed.
Pryus-Talbot smooth’s out her uniform as she steps out of the Duty office with a nod to the Commander.
Zeno nods, and gives Pryus a smile. "Right then. Shall we get this underway?"
"We shall, if you'd like to follow me into the general ward and take a seat." Kailyn answers with a smile as she moves toward the ward.
The door leading to General Ward slides open.
- General Ward - Station Infirmary [Deep Space 9]
- The entrance to this room is set with two different walkways around the top of this semi-hexigonal compartment. Several biobeds face inwardly, as rays of a sun, towards a central laboratory table. Monitors also are sprinkled about this room for access to lifesigns and patient information.
Zeno arrives from Station Infirmary.
The door leading to Infirmary slides closed.
Pryus-Talbot removes her medical tricorder from her medical kit which had been unused for some time, "How have you been in general?" She enquires dethatching the scanning node and activating it as she begins to scan him from top to toe. Slowly she encircles his head before moving down to his neck and shoulders.
Zeno shrugs. "Fine, I suppose. Nothing to complain about anyway."
Pryus-Talbot smiles at his shrugs, "Feeling less concerned than our last physical?" On reflection it was a poor choice of words that caused her brows to raise slightly and shake her head, "No so worried about my wrath?" She offers a more sincere smile as scans continue across his chest and abdomen before passing over each arm and hand.
Zeno nods. "Considering you didn't attack me on the Promenade when we last spoke."
"Why might of I attacked you? The Captain is still alive and doesn't require a security detail in my presence so I can only speculate as to why I would need to lynch you in the public grounds of the Promenade." Kailyn's words are quiet but have an air of playfulness about them to lighten the mood, not to forget but to try and remain professional in that capacity.
Zeno shrugs. "To be perfectly honest, I still feel guilt over his death. I stood and watched and did nothing..... I don't know what I could have done, but the fact that I did nothing bothers me."
Pryus-Talbot nods once, it was a feeling she was still dealing with herself, "I understand that, my husband changed before my eyes and I didn't challenge what I saw. He became distant and quiet, but I didn't question why until it was too late." She explains quietly her tone becomes quiet and reflective whilst filled with honesty. "There was nothing we could have done because he would have denied assistance if we had made that move. We all have movements of doubt and in this one there would have been nothing more we could have done to prevent it." She pauses a moment with a lowering of her hand as the smile across her lips fades to a more neutral expression. "There was nothing we could do." With the scanning node in her hand it rests on Karalos' arm with a slight reassuring squeeze.
Zeno nods. "Thank you for that."
A faint smile creases her lips as she gives his arm another squeeze, her hand raises to continue her scan. Running across his lower abdomen and his hips before running down one leg and then onto the other. "I will be resuming my full duties as a counsellor, I'd recommend we'd speak further but that isn't an order. It is your choice Commander." Kailyn offers as she completes her actions, her fingers twist the node to deactivate it as it rests in the palm of her hand. Her eyes look over the scan results whilst occasionally returning to the Terran before her. "Everything otherwise looks fine, the readings prove that there are signs of stress." She pauses to take a breath, "You need to ensure this is looked at. Take some time to yourself, read a book, get a drink or visit the holosuite. Whatever you do I'd like to see some changes in the read out, will you check in with me next month?" She asks as a sign of trust.
Zeno nods. "That is agreeable. If something unusual happens between then and now, I hope you won't hold my stressed condition against me, though," he replies, the last part a bit wry.
Pryus-Talbot nods, "So long as you uphold your word there will be nothing to be concerned about, we are all suffering with the consequences of someone else’s actions. Some of us deal better than others." She reassures him returning the node to its housing in the tricorder, "You are fit to return to duty Commander."
"Thank you doctor. I'd tell you the same thing, but that's not up to me, and someone else has already made that determination," Zeno replies.
Pryus-Talbot nods again and her subtle smile widens a fraction, "Stay well Commander."
Zeno says, "Yes, ma'am," he says, then makes his way out of the infirmary."
The door leading to Infirmary slides open.
Zeno leaves for Station Infirmary.