|Title:||Commanding Officer, USS Pathfinder|
S'var is a Vulcan captain serving in Starfleet best known for her tenure as commanding officer of USS Pathfinder (NCC-91890). Prior to this position, she held a senior leadership position within the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. She is known for calculated analysis, flawless logic, and holding fast to Vulcan traditions. She is also known for her work on the development of the Pathfinder-class starship and involvement in the warp field crisis that led to a major natural disaster at Betazed.
In the midst of great controversy in the Galaxy Alliance, S'var was 2387 in the Vulcan settlement on Bolarus IX, both of whom were scientific scholars. She was her parents' only daughter, though she has two older brothers. His mother, T'Pren, was a theoretical physicist, and his father, Sovar, was a professor of cultural anthropology in the Vulcan Studies Program at the University of Bolarus. She lived a life engrossed in academic study based on his parents' strong urging. However, his life was not free from the influence of others despite the fact that they lived in a Vulcan settlement on the planet. S'var was raised in the ways of Surak, which his parents made sure of especially because of their involvement in the preservation of Vulcan culture. However, his socialization with Bolarus was not without influence.
S'var's early childhood was influenced by the civil war within the Alliance; however, her initial memories of childhood begin not with the bloodshed of the war but with the Alliance's restoration. Though she was young, her parents' regard for those who helped to restore the Alliance was a great influence in her life that would later contribute to his joining Starfleet. She continued through primary and secondary school on Bolarus IX, largely uninfluenced by galactic events that occurred through late adolescence.
Upon successful completion of secondary school on Bolarus in 2405, she considered her options for future study. S'var found herself led to uniformed service to serve the Alliance, if only because she was taught that the Alliance is what allowed Vulcan culture to prevail despite the physical destruction of their planet during the Borg War. She enrolled in Starfleet Academy where she majored in engineering, specializing in aerospace and mechanical engineering. She completed her coursework and was assigned to a cadet cruise at Utopia Planitia Fleetyards. Following her graduation from Starfleet Academy in 2409, S'var returned to complete advanced graduate studies in propulsion engineering and warp field theory before beginning her first official tour of duty.
S'var held several positions throughout her career, beginning as a propulsion systems engineer aboard a Nebula-III class heavy cruiser before working her way up through the ranks to become a damage control officer. She later transferred to an Excelsior-II class heavy cruiser where she served as assistant chief engineer and ultimately chief engineer. Throughout these various assignments, she gained additional expertise along the way, both in engineering as well as command and leadership. In 2420, she pursued and formally completed command school, after which she received certification as an unrestricted line officer. Upon returning to her vessel from this training, she was subsequently appointed second officer and began to immediate gain formal command experience. Several years later, she focused her career more extensively on fleet-wide engineering services by taking a position with the Corps of Engineers. Her tenure there was promising, and she eventually rose to a leadership position within the Corps.
S'var's goal is to continue in uniformed service to the Alliance. She remains loyal to the teachings of Surak and the preservation of Vulcan culture.
In mid-2429, S'var conducted an engineering review of the Ushaan-class escort frigate USS Wethesa after the vessel experienced a myriad of technical malfunctions related to shipboard security. In the 247-page report she submitted, she found no evidence of technical malfunction, suggesting the security concerns were related to "operational and procedural missteps".
Not long after her work on USS Wethesa concluded, a massive seismic event on Betazed brought S'var into the field where she served as field commander for all Corps of Engineers assets deployed to reinforce the city's infrastructure.
Late in 2429, S'var was known to provide personal counsel to Lieutenant Commander Senka, then Executive Officer of the USS Wethesa, after he was relieved of duty when his actions resulted in the death of an officer under his command.
Just before the turn of the year, Branch Admiral Amadeus, Chief of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers and an away team from USS Wethesa were lost while investigating the reapparance of USS Fredericksburg. During the investigation and search, S'var was temporarily assigned to USS Wethesa as a mission advisor by Admiral Shra'Hawk.
After Branch Admiral Amadeus suffered significant injuries, S'var was appointed Interim Chief of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. This appointment was short-lived, however, when she was unexpectedly pulled from her duties with the Corps of Engineers and appointed commanding officer of the USS Pathfinder (NCC-91890) by Office of the Chief of Starfleet Operations.
S'var commanded USS Pathfinder during its two-year mission to locate a suitable world for colonization by the Galaxy Alliance in the Gamma Quadrant. During this time, she successfully negotiated a treaty with Yanius Prime where a 300-year-old human colony, survivors of a doomed United Earth expedition, were found to have crash landed. This became the site of the first Galaxy Alliance colony in the Gamma Quadrant.
- 2409 - Graduated from Starfleet Academy and commissioned an Ensign.
- 2409 - Returned to Starfleet Academy to complete advanced graduate training in propulsion systems and warp field theory.
- 2411 - Completed master of engineering degree at Starfleet Academy.
- 2411 - Assigned to USS Reprisal (NCC-90009) as propulsion systems engineer.
- 2412 - Promoted to Lieutenant (junior grade).
- 2413 - Internal transfer to damage control officer.
- 2414 - Promoted to Lieutenant.
- 2415 - Transferred to USS Crazy Horse (NCC-76001) as assistant chief engineer.
- 2416 - Assigned as chief engineer aboard USS Crazy Horse.
- 2418 - Promoted to Lieutenant Commander.
- 2420 - Completion of command school training. Assigned additional responsibilities of second officer aboard USS Crazy Horse.
- 2423 - Transferred to the Starfleet Corps of Engineers as Executive Officer, Office of Research & Development.
- 2424 - Promoted to Commander.
- 2426 - Assigned as Commanding Officer, Office of Research & Development.
- 2429 - TDY: Mission Advisor, USS Wethesa.
- 2429 - Promoted to Captain (brevet).
- 2429 - Assigned as Interim Chief of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
- 2430 - Promoted to Captain (brevet confirmed).
- 2430 - Assigned as Commanding Officer, USS Pathfinder.
- 2433 - Reassigned to Special Consult to Starfleet Corps of Engineers.
- 15. Citation for Conspicuous Gallantry
- 17. Silver Palm
- 19. Meritorious Service Medal
- 20. Space Medal
- 27. Good Conduct Medal (****)
- Engineering Repair Certification
- Engineering System Certification
- Letter of Commendation (***)
- Letter of Distinction
- Unrestricted Line Officer