|Current Assignment:|| Executive Officer,|
USS Zenith (NCC-73030)
|Birthdate||2 July 2395|
|Education|| Starfleet Academy|
Lieutenant Thrin Sharis is a serving member of Starfleet, specialising in operations and communications. She is currently Executive Officer aboard the USS Zenith (NCC-73030), under the command of Lieutenant Commander Colin Reid. The assignment began on Stardate 113217.05 (March 20, 2436).
Standing at around five-foot-eight, this Andorian is slim and lithe, but not particularly muscular with it. The blue tone of her skin is surprisingly light, but darkens just a little, almost unnoticeably, around her eyes. Her face is broad and thoughtful, the light eyes large and bright. She has fine, soft white hair, clipped short so it barely reaches her neck. On the crown of her head, the short Andorian antennae wave and move with the changing of her surroundings. When she speaks, her voice is a high, slow roll, letting words fold gently one into the next.
Sharis was born in July of 2395. She was brought up and lived most of her formative years on Cryvach, a small planet which, after the Borg War, became a refuge for several colonies of displaced people whose worlds had been destroyed or damaged by the Borg. Its proximity to Galaxy Alliance strongholds made it a strong candidate for homeless races looking for somewhere to settle. Consequently, Sharis grew up mostly among Andorian and some Vulcan colonists, although her circle was mostly Andorian. Her family was large, only made bigger by the extended family who often stayed over and came to visit. Sharis grew up steeped in the rituals and ideals of her race and her clan. She learned to talk and fight in equal measure, but was always better at the former. Her family teased that she should surely go into politics when she was grown, but none of them, least of all her, ever considered it anything more than a joke.
Sharis received all of her primary education on Cryvach and, as she grew up, discovered a knack for languages along with her knack for debate. She enjoyed language classes and took as many as she could, trying to master the grammatical snares of both Galactic Standard and Andorian. By the time she graduated, she was extremely well-spoken in Andorian and grasped conversational Standard, although without the same level of fluency. Languages were what initially drew her to Starfleet. The sheer number of languages and dialects fascinated her, and Starfleet, with its vast collection of races all working for the same goal, seemed ideal.
Bringing it up to her family caused problems. They remembered better than she did the riots and unrest within and without Starfleet during the economic downturn starting in 2400. They mistrusted Starfleet's management and aims and were furious that she might choose this career path rather than one closer to home. She wavered on the decision for months before, finally, tentatively, she decided to apply.
She was accepted in 2424 and left Cryvach with her family's last blazing row still in her head. Unused to taking something on without her family's blessing, she arrived at Starfleet with her hackles up and on edge. Consequently, she started off on the wrong foot with many of her fellow cadets, who labeled her standoffish and arrogant. This continued through most of her first year. She declared her intent to major in xenolinguistics and did her studies alone, unhappy but refusing to crawl back to Cryvach without at least something to show for her disobedience.
Starfleet Academy's physical training requirements were the turning point. Sharis was quick and agile, but not particularly strong, and the training was difficult and daunting. Afraid that she would wash out if she didn't improve, she finally asked a fellow cadet for help. Melasan was a Trill at the top of their class where physical training was concerned, and agreed to practice with Sharis during their free time. She improved by degrees, but also began to make friends. Through Melasan she met and befriended several of her classmates and, feeling less and less isolated, began to slowly change her reputation.
During her four years at the Academy, Sharis's marks remained strong, but she excelled especially in languages, communications and the required mathematics. She graduated in 2428 with a degree in communications.
Sharis met her bondmate, Sevok, while serving aboard the USS Laibok in 2429. The pair were bonded on October 1, 2429. They have one child from Sevok's previous marriage, a half-Vulcan, half-Klingon daughter called T'Lira.
- Dec 23, 2428: Assignment: USS Laibok (NCC-90213), Commander Samuel Riley commanding.
- Sept 12, 2429: Promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade (O-2).
- Mar 18, 2430: Awarded the Good Conduct Medal.
- Mar 5, 2431: Awarded the Space Medal.
- Mar 5, 2431: Promoted to Lieutenant (O-3).
- Mar 7, 2431: Received a Letter of Commendation.
- Mar 7, 2431: Awarded the Joint Service Medal of Achievement.
- Mar 12, 2431: Appointed Second Officer of USS Laibok (NCC-90213), Commander Teral Danek commanding.
- May 28, 2431: Kidnapped by the Dominion and deliberately infected with the disease known as the blight.
- Jun 11, 2431: Stranded in the Gamma Quadrant with all hands after USS Laibok's crash-landing on Erabus Prime.
- Oct 21, 2431: Rescued with the rest of Laibok's crew by the USS Pathfinder (NCC-91890). Laibok destroyed by order of Commander Danek.
- Oct 30, 2431: Awarded the Purple Heart.
- Oct 30, 2431: Awarded the Merritorious Service Medal.
- Dec 12, 2431: Cured of the blight through the efforts of Starfleet Medical and Starfleet Science.
- Dec 20, 2431: Assignment: USS Lacrimosa (NCC-1881), Commander Teral Danek commanding.
- Dec 22, 2431: Appointed Chief of Operations of USS Lacrimosa (NCC-1881), Commander Teral Danek commanding.
- Feb 10, 2432: Appointed Second Officer of USS Lacrimosa (NCC-1881), Commander Teral Danek commanding.
- Oct 7, 2432: Lacrimosa is recalled for refit. Its crew is transferred to USS Nereus (NCC-74926), Commander Teral Danek commanding.
- Oct 26, 2432: Awarded the Unit Excellence Ribbon.
- Mar 6, 2433: Received a second Letter of Commendation.
- Feb 22, 2434: Transferred to USS Agamemnon (NCC-92101), Captain Teral Danek commanding.
- Jul 17, 2434: Relieved of duty pending investigation into her assault of a Dominion representative on Deep Space 9.
- Aug 29, 2434: Stripped of her post as Second Officer and received a letter of reprimand for her assault of the Vorta Waran.
- Oct 24, 2435: Transferred to USS Beagle (NCC-91892), Commander Rosalyn Davies commanding.
- Mar 20, 2436: Transferred to USS Zenith (NCC-73030) as Executive Officer, Lieutenant Commander Colin Reid commanding.
- Commplant/Computer Certification
- Communications Certification
- Unrestricted Line Officer
|Row 1||Purple Heart||Meritorious Service Medal|
|Row 2||Space Medal||Joint Service Medal of Achievement||SF Unit Commendation Ribbon|
|Row 3||SF Unit Excellence Ribbon||Good Conduct Medal||Border Patrol Service Ribbon|
- Letter of Commendation (***)
- Letter of Reprimand