|D. Jonathan Starr|
|Title:||Assistant Chief of Starfleet Operations, Starfleet Command|
|Affiliation:||Starfleet (Starfleet Operations)|
Jonathan Starr was born on Betazed to his parents, Beverly and Blake Starr, and was an only child. Blake Starr, his father, is a retired Starfleet starship captain. Blake joined Starfleet, where he completed the standard four year education and received all necessary points to be assigned to the USS Michigan approximately three months after graduating Starfleet academy. It was there that he was promoted to Ensign, and was also the vessel on which he received his Starfleet commission as an operations ensign. Three years later, after receiving a promotion to the rank of the Lieutenant Junior Grade, he was assigned as the Assistant Chief Operations officer of aforementioned vessel. Later that year, he was transferred to the USS Madison, where after serving as assistant department head, he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Full Grade and named Acting Chief of Operations. Several months later, he was named the permanent department head. Approximately a year after this time, the Madison was decommissioned and he, along with Bevery Galvetti, his soon-to-be fiancee, were transferred to the USS Avery. He was assigned as the Chief of Operations for that vessel. Galvetti was assigned as the vessel's Chief Medical Officer, where she and Blake Starr met in a staff meeting. It was here that they instantly fell in love and married each other six months later. During this time, both of their careers bloomed, even more so than it already had. Upon the death of the executive officer in a freak transporter officer, the second officer was promoted to executive officer, leaving the second officer's position open. Following the chain of command, Blake was reassigned as the second officer and later received a promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander. Several years hence, Starr was transferred to the USS Anasazi where he was assigned as the executive officer. Upon this transfer, he was also promoted to the rank of Commander. His wife applied for a transfer to the Anasazi and it was granted without adieu because of her husband's position. It was when both of Jonathan's parents served on the Anasazi that Jonathan was born. When Jonathan was 5, his father was transferred to the USS Apollo, where he was promoted to Captain and was assigned as the vessel's commanding officer. Again, Beverly applied for a transfer and it was granted. Blake Starr's starship command career includes the USS Apollo, the USS Saturn, and the USS Mercury, amongst several temporary assignments. Jonathan hopes to follow in the footsteps of his father and become a starship captain.
As described above, Jonathan lived his early life and most of his teenage years onboard a starship. When he was 17 years old, his father retired his active commission and was accepted into Starfleet reserves. It was at this point that his mother, Beverly, requested a transfer to Starfleet Medical Headquarters which was granted. The Starr family returned to their mountain home on Betazed. Though Jonathan was forced to leave many of his friends and had the Senior year of his high school education remaining, he quickly adapted to the new environment and made new friends quickly. He decided soon thereafter that he wanted to join Starfleet, but decided it would be best for him to investigate other options so he would know he was making the right decision. For several years, he pondered following his mother's example and become a doctor, however, it was determined that he was not meant for such a task. Until the age of 20, he worked off and on as a small time engineer, modifying small things such as a PADD or a tricorder to make it do some unheard of thing.
Even though Jonathan seemed to be a capable engineer, he did not feel fulfilled. He continued, however, to refine his skills as an engineer, though he didn't feel that this was his life-calling. He eventually came to the conclusion that joining Starfleet through the Academy would be the most wise way for him to chose what his life-calling was. After tossing the idea around for at least a year, he finally chose to take the entrance examination to Starfleet Academy. He passed, with flying colors and chose to major in the field of operations.
- 50556.78: Accepted into Starfleet Academy.
- 51336.05: Earned commission at the rank of ENSIGN (O-1).
- 51336.05: Assigned as Operations Officer aboard USS ESSEX (NCC-82211), then-CDR REL, C. commanding.
- 51502.04: Crew of USS ESSEX (NCC-82211) transferred to USS ODYSSEY (NCC-71832) under then-CPT REL, C.
- 52740.39: Promoted to LIEUTENANT (junior grade) (O-2).
- 53261.40: Transferred to USS NOVA (NX-72303) and assigned as Operations Officer, then-COL SHRA'HAWK commanding.
- 54557.65: Transferred to STARBASE 902 and assigned as Operations Officer, then-CDR HARRISON commanding.
- 55820.34: Transferred to USS AKAGI (NCC-81888), then-COL WEAVER, A. commanding.
- ?????.??: USS AKAGI (NCC-81888) destroyed.
- 57608.30: Transferred to USS TARAWA (NCC-82143), then-CDR McKNIGHT, R. commanding.
- 57608.30: Assigned as Chief Helmsman.
- 58108.07: Promoted to LIEUTENANT (O-3).
- 59638.66: Transferred to USS JAMES COOK (NCC-82702), then-CDR HALSEY, W. commanding (acting).
- 59638.66: Assigned as Chief Helmsman.
- 60022.73: Transferred to USS YAMAGUCHI (NCC-26510) with NCC-82702 crew.
- 60022.73: Assigned as Chief of Operations.
- 61184.59: NCC-26510 severely damaged. All crew transferred to USS ENTERPRISE (NCC-1701-G), then-CPT PALMER, S. commanding.
- 61184.59: Assigned as Chief of Operations.
- 61349.16: Reassigned as Operations Officer by CDRE PALMER, S.
- 61657.36: Assigned as Chief of Operations by new commander, then-CPT McKNIGHT, R.
- 64520.59: Freedom War begins.
- 64520.59: Joins the Starfleet Rebellion, commissioned transferred to Alliance Defense Force (ADF).
- 63186.02: Crew of NCC-1701-G reassigned to USS EXCALIBUR (NCC-26517), then-CPT McKNIGHT, R. commanding.
- 63186.02: Assigned as Chief of Operations/Second Officer.
- 63566.47: Promoted to LIEUTENANT COMMANDER (O-4).
- 64224.34: Temporarily assumes command of USS EXCALIBUR when CO and XO are incapacitated.
- ?????.??: USS EXCALIBUR destroyed.
- 64451.74: Transferred to USS AUDACIOUS (NCC-74718), then-CDR SYLVIAN, R. commanding.
- 64451.74: Assigned as Executive Officer.
- ?????.??: USS AUDACIOUS destroyed.
- 65983.10: Transferred to USS THUNDERCHILD (NCC-74711), then-CDR GIOVANNI, G. commanding.
- 65983.10: Assigned as Executive Officer.
- 67643.02: Freedom War ends.
- 66495.81: Cleared of wrongdoing by Inspector General. Starfleet commission reactivated at LIEUTENANT (O-3) pending assignment.
- 66770.65: Promoted to LIEUTENANT COMMANDER (O-4).
- 66770.65: Transferred to SPACEDOCK, then-BADM HARRISON, M. commanding.
- 66770.65: Assigned as Second Officer.
- 67343.49: Transferred to DEEP SPACE 9, then-CDR LYBEK S. commanding.
- 67343.49: Assigned as Executive Officer and Chief of Security.
- 71380.74: Transferred to USS VALKYRIE (NCC-2590), then-CDR HALSEY, W. commanding.
- 71380.74: Assigned as Executive Officer.
- 71772.94: Transferred to USS SUTHERLAND (NCC-82145), then-CPT CELCHU, T. commanding.
- 71772.94: Assigned as Executive Officer.
- 71861.54: Promoted to COMMANDER (O-5).
- 71861.54: Transferred to USS VALKYRIE (NCC-2590) as Commanding Officer.
- 73859.66: USS VALKYRIE mothballed. Awaits reassignment.
- 74121.94: Assumes command of PCU ASTRAEUS (NCC-74917) by order of ADM RUAO S. Crew gathered on USS BONNEVENTURE (NCC-74721).
- 74434.42: Construction of USS ASTRAEUS (NCC-74917) complete. Command and crew transferred to newly commissioned vessel.
- 75864.35: USS ASTRAEUS (NCC-74917) destroyed. Relieved of duty pending investigation and transferred to DEEP SPACE 9 with rest of NCC-74917 crew to await reassignment.
- 76095.16: Cleared of wrongdoing in the destruction of NCC-74917.
- 76098.19: Promoted to CAPTAIN (O-6).
- 76109.19: Assumes command of PCU DEFIANT (NCC-90002) by order of ADM RUAO S.
- 76444.17: Construction of USS DEFIANT (NCC-90002) complete. Command and crew transferred to vessel upon delivery.
- 80774.65: USS DEFIANT (NCC-90002) severely damaged while defending Bajor from unknown alien device with immense destructive power.
- 80775.68: Determination made that USS DEFIANT (NCC-90002) will require a minimum of six months in drydock for repair.
- 80775.75: Command and crew transferred to USS AKAGI (NX-90000) as Starfleet Engineering Corps takes possession of NCC-90002 for repair.
- 81436.58: Repairs to USS DEFIANT (NCC-90002) complete. Command and crew transferred from NX-90000 to repaired vessel.
- 81537.26: [Personal] Married to then-CAPT WALTERS, L. by then-CAPT AMADEUS, A. aboard SPACEDOCK.
- 86919.23: Relieved of command of USS DEFIANT (NCC-90002). Assumes command of Bajoran starbase DEEP SPACE 9.
- 86923.19: Promoted to COMMODORE (O-6).
- 90121.80: Promoted to BRANCH ADMIRAL (O-7).
- 94870.40: Relieved of command of Bajoran starbase DEEP SPACE 9. Assumes responsibilities as Chief of Starbase Operations.
- 95315.12: Promoted to REAR ADMIRAL (O-8).
- 109904.58: Relieved of responsibilities as Chief of Starbase Operations. Appointed Assistant Chief of Starfleet Operations by ADM RUAO S.
- 109904.58: Promoted to VICE ADMIRAL (O-9).
- Unrestricted Line Officer
- Breen War Ribbon
- Freedom War Ribbon