|Larissa A. Walters-Starr|
|Title:||Chief of Starfleet Intelligence|
|Affiliation:||Starfleet (Starfleet Command)|
Born to Thomas and Claire Walters on March 30, 2341, Larissa is the middle child in her family with an older brother of three years, James and a younger sister, Kathleen, of two years. Her father was involved in Starfleet as an enlisted crewman stationed on Earth and Claire was a scientist in Meta Physical Time Theories. Having to adjust to the lack of a father in her young life, Lari became more tomboyish than other girls her age due to latching onto her older brother when she could. Other times, she could almost be considered as a loner with her interest of horseback riding, mountain climbing, researching mechanics and reading being easily done on her own. With her emerging hobbies, it was quite a surprise that she inherited her mother's looks during her teen years. That was another set of troubles, reluctant and keeping away prospects of dating. The only thing that she wanted to 'date' was the latest journals about other cultures, and so she did - along with the occasional hiking trips with her brother.
As the years passed, Larissa started to inquire more and more about her father's line of work, finding Starfleet intriguing and admirable - but not her mother's love of science. Disguise and wandering the terrain was her passion by this time, evolved from her years of being active outdoors (and avoiding the dates her parents would try to set for her from time to time. It simply wasn't her fault that she didn't like the young men her parents would have thought perfect for her.) Once the years of college were though, the first thing she did after getting her diploma was to apply to Starfleet Academy.
Who knows what she expected as a cadet, but it clearly wasn't what she had in mind. The constant drilling on everything from hand to hand combat, to Starfleet History had effects on her. The most noticeable change was her refusal to give up after the first year of training. It had tempered her once minute stubbornness, and proved that there was a temper below all of those layers of precision salutes (which were the first thing perfected on arrival.) This isn't to say that there was nothing of a social life underneath that uniform. There was, but it was never going to be like the expectations her family had for her, and that bit of a loner was still present after all these years.
In the second year, instead of loathing her outdoor training and combat classes, Lari found new strength after spending vacation with her family in Canada and another hiking trip on her own this time. She needed time to think and consider if Starfleet really was the career she wanted - not the desire to follow in her father's footsteps. This was not the case, deciding to follow up on possibilities in the Security division. Simply fighting was not her 'cup of tea', but infiltration and gathering information? It called to her like a piper's dream, remembering how she liked to dress up and sneak past the prospective dates her parents arranged when she was younger.
It was more work, as she quickly learned. Besides knowing how to conceal ones' self in appearance there were other methods that she had to become familiar with. This is where her inclination to be devious in obtaining information surfaced, combined with her usually blunt questions, it never became a dangerous quality to have. Perhaps it was balanced by her odd sense of humor that surfaced from time to time.
That brings to issue her work performance. She's the typical officer in following orders, though with her temper and bluntness - one might think that would make her a problem officer. It turned out to be quite the opposite, commenting on events and situations before they got to a hostile point for all involved. Since she has to meet and handle dealings with other races, it was really unfortunate that she has an odd quirk about that. Humanoid species are never a problem for Larissa, but if they're anything -but- Terran in appearance they need time to grow on her. (Hopefully, not in the literal sense.)
Graduating and becoming posted to her first assignment on the USS Galileo as an ensign, this was a 'typical' assignment to investigate the smuggling of dangerous goods from the Ferengi to Romulus in which she served in an assisting role. Mainly in disguise and seeking out information by playing the role of a buyer between the two races. The years leading up to the Borg attack on Sector 001, were about as routine as they could be, stationed planet side and returning from a covert mission on Romulus when the information about the attack was finally received. Unable to find out the results for weeks later, she was shipped off on another starship for mapping of the new borders of Alliance space when the news of her family arrived. Thankfully, her brother and sister were on Bajor on a scientific study trip, with their mother. Sadly, their father was currently on Earth awaiting orders or shore leave when the Borg attacked.
Since then, Larissa has sent whatever extra pay to her family in her own way of helping out, even though they disapproved of her participation in Starfleet and perhaps meeting with a fate similar to their father. On the other hand, Lari finds her work and position rewarding, able to accomplish many tasks that fulfill her curiosity and ability to do something worthwhile.
- Graduated from Starfleet Academy at the rank of ENS, posted to the USS Galileo.
- Posted to Starbase 396.
- Executive Officer, USS Bretagne.
- Executive Officer, Starbase 396.
- Commanding Officer, Starbase 902.
- 53238.4: USS Bretagne reported destroyed several days earlier with all hands lost. Among the reported casualties were Captains Nushi and Walters and Commander Saivz, though those officers were later discovered to be alive.
- Voluntary Reduction to CMDR.
- Transfer: Spacedock, Executive Officer.
- Retired from Starfleet with the rank of Commander. Pursued other interests in the civilian sector.
- 77475.98: Formally reinstated into Starfleet at the rank of CMDR.
- 77589.08: Transferred to NCC-90002 (USS DEFIANT), commanded by CAPT Starr.
- 77614.77: Classified Assignment. On completion, returned to USS Defiant as Switch Officer.
- 78112.69: Promoted to the rank of CAPT (0-6).
- 78112.69: Assigned to Deep Space 9, relieving CAPT Foster and assuming duties as Commanding Officer.
- 78460.63: Deep Space Nine is severely crippled by multiple explosions. All crew are transferred to the USS Shangri-La for the duration.
- 79179.74: Ordered to assume command of NX-90000 (USS AKAGI) by ADM Ruao. All crew transferred.
- 79577.92: Per orders of RADM R'hli, ordered to resume command of Deep Space 9.
- 81532.45: Promoted to the rank of Commodore by order of ADM Hathaway.
- 81553.86: (Personal) Married CAPT J. Starr, conducted by CDRE Amadeus.
- 82895.92: Promoted to the rank of Branch Admiral (0-7) by order of ADM Rel.
- 84263.71: Per orders of ADM Rel, relieved of duties as Commanding Officer, Deep Space 9 and ordered to assume duties as Deputy Chief of Starfleet Intelligence.
- 86918.88: Per Orders of ADM Ruao, ordered to assume the duties of Chief of Starfleet Intelligence.
- 86920.84: Promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral (0-8) by order of ADM Ruao.
- 94870.46: Promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral (0-9) by order of ADM Ruao.
- Bajor Campaign Ribbon
- Battle of Wolf 359 Memorial Ribbon
- Borg War Ribbon
- Freedom War Ribbon
- Breen War Ribbon
- Tractor Beam Certification
- Commplant/Computer Certification
- Transporter Certification
- Communications Certification
- Unrestricted Line Officer